I recently tried this recipe from Kimberly Snyder’s book, The Beauty Detox Solution. I’m really enjoying her book; she has a way of giving information about our bodies and nutrition in an interesting and understandable way. It’s basically a caprese salad, but instead of the mozzarella cheese, add slices of avocado. The salad recipe is great the way it is, but I’m a fan of using a lot of seasoning, so I added a few extra ingredients.
- Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley Powder
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and place them on a plate.
- Cut the avocado into slices and lay them on the tomato slices.
- Place some basil leaves on top of the avocado slices.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the basil leaves.
- Add the seasoning to your liking and enjoy.
I didn’t add the exact measurements because it really depends on your personal tastes and how much seasoning you like.
Give this recipe a shot for a light lunch or side dish to dinner and let me know what you think!