A great morning snack and pick-me-up is drinking a delicious nutrient packed smoothie. It’s an easy way to get in some vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
Today, I made a berry smoothie and snuck in some greens too! I promise, the fruit cuts out the green flavor.
- 1 generous handful of dark leafy greens (I used a mixture of kale, swiss chard, and spinach today).
- 1 chunk of cucumber (about the size of your pinky).
- 1-2 handfuls of mixed berries.
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice (make sure the seeds don’t fall in).
- 1-2 cups of water, depending on the consistency you like.
- 1 banana.
- A garnish for the glass is always fun too!
- I usually blend the greens, cucumber, lemon juice, and water first.
- Then I add the berries and blend some more.
- Lastly I add the banana (leaving a slice or two for garnishing), then blend.
This recipe will make at least 2 servings, but I’m not going to lie, I usually drink it all to myself ;).
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?