One of my favorite snacks these days is having some homemade sweet potato fries. It’s a super healthy and nutritious snack, tastes great and fills you up, while also helping to curb your sugar cravings.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent starchy vegetable to have in you diet, as they contain a good combination of skin-brightening vitamins A and C. Together, these antioxidant vitamins neutralize cell tissue-damaging free radicals. Sweet potatoes are also a healthy source of biotin, potassium, folate, iron, manganese, and copper.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (you don’t even have to buy them organic because they are on the Clean Fifteen list, which I discussed in yesterday’s post)
- Sea Salt (my favorite is Herbamere, an organic herb infused sea salt that tastes great on everything)
- Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and dry them off.
- Use a good knife to cut them in long, even strips like french fries. Keep the skin on, as the skin contains a good amount of fiber and nutrients.
- Place the fries on a baking sheet.
- Add a little drizzle of olive oil. You don’t want to add too much because this can make your fries soggy.
- Add a couple of shakes of sea salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to toss the fries, oil, and seasoning in the pan making sure that each side of the fry has a thin coating of oil (this is where you’ll be able to see if you’ve used enough oil, and go from there).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how you like your fries cooked. I prefer 23 minutes.
Will you be trying this the next time you need a snack?
Let me know how it goes in the comments below.