As I’m reading through Kimberly Snyder’s book The Beauty Detox Foods and trying new recipes, I’ve come across this delicious raw dip. This dip was a savior to me while I was on my detox from sugar, dairy, and gluten. It’s so good, that you might think it’s bad for you…but it’s not.
I highly recommend her book! Of the few recipes that I’ve tried, they are all delicious and full of nutrition. She really has a way of getting creative with clean ingredients, while still making recipes full of flavor.
Raw Muhammara Dip
This recipe is full of Vitamin C, amino acids, omega fats, and vitamins. It’s also available on One Eight TV’s website. Check it out!
- 3 red peppers (this also works with green peppers)
- 1 cup raw walnuts, soaked for 15 minutes, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp. high quality sea salt
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (usually the juice from about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve as a dip with raw vegetables, like cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots or use as a salad dressing.