One of my favorite treats to have any time of the year is a healthy fruit popsicle. This year I bought both my nieces some cute, bpa-free, jewel popsicle ring molds for Valentine’s Day. They are so much fun because each ring has a different jewel shape.
Just keep it simple whenever you make any popsicle. All you need is a blender (I use a nutribullet), some fruit, and water. That’s it! If your kids are adventurous, add some spinach or romaine lettuce, the fruit mostly cuts out the bitter green taste.
Strawberry Banana Popsicles:
- 1 Banana
- 4-6 Strawberries (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup of water
- Add the banana, strawberries, and water to the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy (Tip: The banana gives any smoothie that creamy texture. Without it, it’s more icy. An alternative would be a piece of avocado, but I prefer the taste of the banana.)
- Pour the smoothie into the molds.
- Place the caps on the molds and put them in the freezer.
- Allow to freeze for a few hours.
- When they are ready, just run them under warm water for a minute to loosen the caps from the molds.
*My adorable niece still in her shower cap, enjoying her first popsicle. 🙂