Happy Friday! Today’s post is all about nails, what brands to use, what chemicals to stay away from, and fun styles to play around with.
Firstly, typical nail polish has 5 major chemicals that you should steer clear from: formaldehyde (what they use to preserve dead bodies), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, formaldehyde resin, and camphor.
By inhaling these chemicals through your lungs and absorbing them through your nail roots, you are putting your body at risk for many potential health issues, including triggering allergies and disrupting your endocrine system.
Top eco brands that I recommend and that are free of the 5 chemicals mentioned above (often labeled “5 free “) are:
1. Priti NYC – I have been using their polishes for years and I particularly love their nail polish remover as it works great, smells great, and feels like it actually nourishes my cuticles.
2. Butter London – Their colors are amazing!
3. RMS Beauty – Their nail colors are based off of their makeup colors. How fun is that?!
Some nail style inspo:
1. Perfect for St. Patty’s Day via the Beauty Riot
2. Simple and chic via Lauren Conrad
3. Add some subtle sparkle via Lauren Conrad
Will you be trying these nail polish brands? What color polishes are your favorites?