Let’s spice up our routines this weekend. Instead of doing the same old exercises, lunch outings, shopping trips, let’s do something different.
I’m a huge fan of getting out in nature and being adventurous, and if it’s physically challenging, even better!
I’ve listed below some of my favorite ways to get out there and explore my surroundings:
1. Hike: To me, hiking is so much fun! There are beautiful trees, fresh air, great sights, and you get your workout in for the day. It can be challenging, especially if you’re at a steady incline, so make sure you’re wearing good sneakers, a supportive sports bra, and a hat. Bring a friend, challenge and encourage each other, and be sure to take a pic together at the top. When hiking a mountain, the view at the top is your reward for all of your hard work. Totally worth it!
2. Bike: It’s very similar to hiking, where you’re out in nature taking in all of the beautiful sights and clean air. Search for a great trail in your area, pack your bike in your car and head out. Sometimes the trails are as simple as riding through a public park or on a main drag in a cute town by the beach. Explore!
3. Fish: If you are fortunate to have a handy fisherman friend, ask her or him to take you out and show you the ropes if you’re not familiar with it. Fishing might not be a very physically demanding activity (unless you have to hike through the woods to get there, or lug a canoe around), but it’s extremely relaxing. There’s nothing like the quiet in the morning on a lake fishing, while everyone else is still asleep. It’s so peaceful.
*My first big fish 🙂
4. Canoe or Kayak: Search for a local park that rents out canoes or kayaks (usually costs about $15), bring a friend, a camera, and enjoy each other’s company while you sight-see. The conversations are great when you do activities like this. You get a great arm workout and you feel so refreshed afterwards, like you’re ready to tackle the weekend.
5. Jump at SkyZone: I’ve mentioned it before in my previous post, but this is seriously fun! It’s a great workout and you get to jump around and be silly like a kid for an hour. I always have a blast when I go and feel amazing when I’m done. There’s something exhilarating about letting your inner-child come out and just having fun, without worrying about looking silly. It’s very theraputic. You will laugh and sweat like crazy, and that’s a good thing! 🙂
Have fun this weekend!