Having worked in a office, I know exactly how hard it is to stay on track with fitness goals. You get into the office at an early hour and leave later than planned. Because of this, it can be hard to fit in your daily workout regimen.
The next best thing is to squeeze in some fitness time throughout your work day. For me, ballet inspired moves work best.
Picture this, you’ve been sitting at your desk for over an hour, your bum is soar, your eyes hurt, you’re getting fidgety, this is when you know it’s time to move. Below are some tips to help you do just that.
1. Go into the bathroom and do standing side crunches like Mary Helen Bowers does for Ballet Beautiful.
2. Another great bathroom workout is to do ballet plies and grand plies, or maybe Ballet Beautiful’s lunge lift, whatever you feel most comfortable with. (Photo via You Beauty)
3. Doing Ballet Beautiful swan arms in the bathroom are also great. They help to improve your posture, which is definitely a must before any big meeting where you want to look authoritative.
4. Take a walk around the corporate office, if your boss permits it. Taking a lap here and there really helps not only get your blood flow moving, but it clears your mind and recharges your battery, which is ultimately better for your work.
5. Jumping for joy in the bathroom. Jumping up and down has been known to improve coordination, heart health, and stress levels (perfect for a stressful work environment). Be sure to jump with a smile on your face.
How do you stay fit in the workplace?
Tell me about it in the comments below.