I’ve been a fan of The Honest Company since its creation and after reading Jessica Alba’s book, The Honest Life.
I highly recommend this book to anyone just starting out on their journey to health and wellness, or for those that are in the middle of it. She offers many great tips on eco products to use, healthy ways of living, and valuable information regarding the food we consume. I’ve read it twice and still use it as a reference from time to time.
When this book was written, the Honest Company was just starting out with a limited product offering, but has since grown tremendously. What I love about this company is that they are constantly trying to improve their products to reach higher standards, better quality and efficacy, and also still maintain a stylish appeal. Who said all natural products have to be earth tones?!
In the beginning, not all of their products were 100% up to my standards when it came to the ingredients that were used, but they were close and I knew that by investing in them, they would continue to do the necessary research to make their products better. They continue to reformulate and offer a wide variety of products, including health, baby, household, skincare, and beauty products.
A great way to check any product’s safety is by visiting EWG‘s (Environmental Working Group’s) database. Plug in the name of the product and see how it rates and why.
Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite products with Honest.
1. Organic Lip Balm Trio (I love these chapsticks! I recently bought them for my cousin, who struggled to find a non-irritating chapstick, and she loved them.)
2. Air + Fabric Freshener (I personally don’t care for the lavender vanilla scent, but the lemon verbana is very nice and refreshing, while the orange cypress is a masculine woodsy scent…great for guys.)
3. Organic Nipple Balm (I am not a mom, so I don’t actually use it for it’s intended use, but I love how it spreads nicely on extra dry areas of my body. So I just use it as a dry-patch balm.)
4. Bug Spray (In the summers, I bring this with me in my purse and everyone always thanks me for it. It sprays nicely and evenly, smells good, and it doesn’t feel like sticky chemicals on my skin; I don’t ever feel like I need to wash it off before bed. Oh, and it works very well coming from a person who mosquitoes typically love!)
6. Dish Soap (The lavender scent is awesome! My only complaint with this product is the cap design because it can be hard to control if you just want a little bit of soap on the sponge.)
There are many Honest products that I haven’t tried yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it in the future. I’ll do another post later on detailing which ones I’m wishing for.
A great option for shopping with Honest is by purchasing the Essentials Bundle. You get 35% off 5 products of your choosing, you decide how often you want the package shipped, and you’re only charged when it ships. You can also cancel anytime, which is a nice option so you’re not locked into anything.
I hope you found this helpful. Happy Tuesday!
** Full disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive compensation. I assure you that I have used all of the products above and wouldn’t recommend something that I don’t believe in.