I thought I’d share with you a few things I like to do every morning to get myself on the right track for the day.
1. Sip on warm lemon water first thing in the morning. Simply heat a cup of water (doesn’t have to be hot, just warm), squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a mug, and pour the warm water over it. Having the ritual of drinking something warm every morning is a great way to energize yourself for the rest of the day. The warm lemon water gives your body that extra detox and flush it needs in the morning before you eat anything.
2. While I’m sipping on the water, I find it’s a great time to read an inspiring book that will help get my creative juices flowing and motivate me to conquer the day. I recently wrote about some fun books I’m looking forward to reading.
3. Commit to taking a little walk. It only takes about 10 minutes, but you’ll find that you want to be outside longer because you’re enjoying yourself too much. As I discussed before, taking a walk is a great way to clear your mind and set your intentions for the day.
4. Intentional thought and goal setting. So you’ve had some time to think and to dig deep on your walk, and the next step is to write down all of you goals and thoughts that are fresh in your head. Now you have a clear understanding of what you’d like to accomplish for the day.
5. Move in some way: yoga, dance, pilates, jumping jacks. stretch, etc. Listen to your body and just go with it. I find that when I make time to move, I end up feeling like I have so much more time to the day, and I accomplish a lot more, not to mention my body feels better.
And last, but not least, my favorite…
6. Shower time! 🙂 My absolute favorite way to take time for me. I keep all the lights off, except for a little night light, lock the door for no interruptions, and just relax with a little music or white noise.
What are some good habits that you do to start your day off right and be more productive?