“Never underestimate the power of your mind to change your destiny.” ~Vidya Sury
Many people have negative thought patterns that hold them back throughout their lives. It’s very important to first recognize those negative thoughts, thoughts like “I can never do this right”, “this always happens to me”, “I’m never going to be able to do that”, and so on. Then, replace those negative thoughts with positive affirmations in the present tense, like “I am doing this right”, “I can handle anything that comes my way”, and “I can do anything I put my mind to”.
This way of thinking definitely takes some getting used to and a lot of practice because we’ve been talking to ourselves in this negative way for years, but with repetition, it is so worth it. The sky is the limit when you believe in yourself and your capabilities.
Below are 13 positive affirmations that I use all the time:
1. I trust the process of life.
2. I am in control of my success; it is within my reach.
3. I am capable of anything I put my mind to.
4. I can do this.
5. I believe in myself and my abilities.
6. I am thankful for everyday of my life.
7. I am living in the present moment.
8. I am always learning and growing.
9. I am at peace in my own body.
10. I love the work I do.
11. I love and approve of myself.
12. I forgive myself and I forgive others.
13. I can handle anything that comes my way.
I like to keep my affirmations short and sweet so that I can easily remember and repeat them in my head. After some time of this repetition, you’ll automatically have a more positive outlook on life. No more negativity!
What affirmations have you come up with that work well in your life? Please share!