Prepackaged popcorn or movie theater popcorn is full of confusing, harmful ingredients. Wouldn’t it be nice to eat a healthy snack and not feel bad about it, or break the bank? This is where making your own popcorn comes into play…and trust me, it’s delicious!
What you need:
- Orville Air Popcorn Popper – Affordable on Amazon ( and it’s only a one-time purchase)
- Popcorn Kernels – Organic please! Let’s keep those GMO’s out of our diets!
- Olive Oil – Preferably organic, extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil for good quality as it’s high in antioxidants and good fats.
- Salt – I like to use Himalayan Pink Sea Salt or Herbamare (natural fine sea salt infused with organic, fresh herbs and vegetables). Both are delicious and nutritious!
- Giant Bowl
What to do:
- Get out all of the ingredients
- Add olive oil (about 2-3 Tablespoons) and salt (to taste) to the mixing bowl. Tip: If you like spicy foods – try combining Cayenne Pepper, Chili Pepper, and Paprika to the bowl. Have fun with it!
- Fill the given cup with popcorn kernels and pour them into the machine. (Be sure to replace the cup/lid on top.)
- Plug the popcorn machine in and wait a couple of minutes for it to pop out into the bowl.
- Enjoy the popcorn while vegging out and watching movies.
- Pack some popcorn away in a Ziploc back for lunch the next day.
- Put the popcorn in a container for snacking on later. Mine never lasts that long, though 😉
Let me know what you think of this affordable, healthy, and yummy snack!